COVID 19 Resource Guide
All Tri-County Community College locations are currently open to employees and the public. However, many of our face-to-face courses have transitioned to online delivery. This includes all of our curriculum courses and many of our continuing education courses. Some continuing education courses will meet next week due to testing and federal requirements but under strict masking and social distancing protocols. TCCC has a variety of important links to help guide students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some important links for our students:
Important links for community resources:
- NCCARE360.org (the first statewide coordinated care network to electronically connect those with identified needs to community resources)
- AuntBertha.com (database aimed at locating free or reduced-cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more)
As of Friday, September 3, 2021, most face-to-face instruction and Work-Based Learning courses will be moved to online delivery via Moodle until at least September 10. At that time, we will reassess class delivery methods based on the data available in our community.
ALL students and employees should continue to monitor all TCCC communications (email, website, social media, text alerts) for the latest updates.
Services Available to Students via Alternative Formats:
Please note our staff members are continuing to provide vital services to students in the following ways:
Academic Support Centers
- Staff are working on-site and the Testing Center remains open; masks are required.
- Staff members are also monitoring their own emails, voicemails and the generic emails and responding in a timely fashion.
- Testing Center staff are continuing to communicate with students regarding scheduled tests.
Click here for the Admissions page and Click Here for the Testing Center page.
Important contacts for Admissions:
- Advising for degree completion and planning for registration
- Any academic questions, concerns, issues that need to be addressed
- Informational inquiries regarding available programs, enrollment, how to begin the process, program contacts, etc.
- Individual career advising sessions are available via email, phone, or teleconferencing.
- Students can request career advising services by email or phone. Virtual career advising sessions will be arranged at that time based on student’s need(s).
Click here for the Advising and Career Center page.
Important contacts for Advising and Career Center:
- Bookstore staff are currently on-site; masks are required in the TCCC Bookstore
Click here for the Bookstore page.
Important contacts for the TCCC Bookstore:
- The Business Office is still serving the public; masks are required on-site.
- For assistance or questions with anything related to the business office (accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, purchasing), please utilize the “Do You Have a Question” feature.
Click here for the Business Office page.
Important contacts for Business Office:
Career and College Promise (CCP)
- We are taking a case-by-case approach with our students, faculty, and high schools regarding academic continuity planning and meeting TCCC course requirements that cannot be met in an online/remote format.
- We are in communication with our public-school partners to develop plans for CCP student success.
Click here for the Career and College Promise page.
Important contacts for CCP:
- Individual counseling sessions are available in person, via email, phone, or teleconferencing.
- Students can request counseling services by email or phone. These sessions will be arranged as soon as possible based on student’s need(s).
Click here for the Counseling page.
Important contacts for counseling:
Graham County Center
- The Graham County Center in Robbinsville is open; masks are required
- Staff at the TCCC Graham County Center in Robbinsville are continuing to monitor emails and voicemails and returning communication in as timely a manner as possible.
Important contacts for TCCC Graham County Center:
- Staff are working on-site and answering the phone, responding to emails, and processing and scanning any paperwork that has been received
- Continuing to monitor the phones and email remotely
- Students can submit any requested documents via his or her TCCC student email, postal mail, and fax
- If your education is impacted by COVID-19, you may qualify for the NC Finish Line Grant, please contact us for details.
Click here for the Financial Aid page.
Important contacts for Financial Aid:
- The Library and Student Computer Support Lab remain open to the public; masks are required.
- All TCCC students have 24-hour access to the ”Ask-a-Librarian” feature, which allows access to qualified librarians.
- For Distance Learning information and access, please Click Here.
- Distance Learning staff are on-site. You can get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with Moodle or password management.
- Students who have unreliable and/or limited Internet access at home can use TCCC’s Wi-Fi from the parking lots at any of TCCC’s locations, including the Center for Applied Technology in Marble and the Graham County Center in Robbinsville.
Click Here for the Library page and Click Here for the Distance Learning page.
Important contacts for the Library and Distance Learning:
- The Registrar is still accepting transcripts request via fax, mail or secured email; these will be processed in as timely a manner as possible
- PLEASE NOTE: Any emails should be sent from your STUDENT TCCC account with your name and the letters “FYEO”in the subject line. (Example: John Smith FYEO)
- Please Click Here to download the Transcript Request Form for Curriculum(college credit) and Continuing Education(non-credit education courses taken for training/skills) transcripts
- GED ® Students Please Note: In accordance with Federal regulations all GED ® transcripts can only be obtained at: www.diplomasender.com
- IMPORTANT REMINDER: Unofficial transcripts can be obtained at any time through your TCCC Student WebAdvisor Account
- Our Withdrawal Form has been converted to a fillable version for students and faculty to complete remotely via their OFFICIAL TCCC email
- PLEASE NOTE: Any emails should be sent from your TCCC account with your name and the letters “FYEO”in the subject line. (Example: John Smith FYEO)
- Before filling out a Withdrawal Form, we encourage our students to reach out to the Advising and Career Center to explore options available to them before withdrawing from a course
Click here for the Registrar page.
Important contacts for Registrar Office:
Small Business Center/Economic and Workforce Development
Tri-County Community College wants to reassure our local business and industry partners that we remain dedicated to supporting our community during these unprecedented times.
- Our Economic and Workforce Development team are on hand to assist any of our local businesses with questions relating to how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting local industry.
- Please direct any business/industry questions to our Economic and Workforce Development staff by using the following emails below.
- For general business and industry questions:
- For Small Business Center questions:
You can also call (828) 835-9564 to reach the voicemails for our Economic and Workforce Development staff.
Continue to monitor our website and social media channels for decisions regarding other upcoming campus events.
- For Internet access, students can visit the following locations for FREE hotspots in our area:
- Cherokee County
- TCCC Main Campus (park close to campus buildings for access)
21 Campus Circle
Murphy, NC 28906
- TCCC Center for Applied Technology (park close to building for access)
2415 Airport Rd
Marble, NC 28905
- Hiwassee Dam School (front parking lot)
267 Blue Eagle Cir
Murphy, NC 28906
- Murphy First United Methodist Church (Front of the building facing Valley River Avenue)
73 Valley River Ave
Murphy, NC 28906
- Ranger Community Center (front of center)
165 Little Ranger Rd
Murphy, NC 28906
- Clay County
- Downings Creek Baptist Church
424 Downings Creek Rd
Hayesville, NC 28904
- Graham County
- TCCC Graham County Center (park close to building for access)
145 Moose Branch Rd
Robbinsville, NC 28771