The primary responsibility of the Advising and Career Center is to guide students in making wise selections of course offerings with careful attention to institutional policies and degree requirements. Career counseling and planning is available to all students who are unsure of their designated career paths and want to ensure that they succeed in their chosen Program of Study.
In addition, effective advising will also assist students in identifying available internal and external resources that will have a positive impact on their TCCC first year experience. TCCC recognizes each student as an individual who will have individual needs including Veteran students. The one-on-one sessions ensures students leave confident and prepared for their first year. Veterans are referred to Tri-County CC’s Certifying Official for more information on Veteran’s Benefits.
Main Campus: Harper Building
Advising & Career Center
Graham County Center: Shope Building
Every Tuesday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Samantha Jones – Coordinator of the Advising & Career Center & the First Year Experience
• Applications for graduation
• Assist students in selecting initial Program of Study
• Change or add a Program of Study
• Clarify program requirements, policies and procedures
• Connect students with academic opportunities and campus resources
• Encourage students during the completion of their degree
• Guide students during the drop/add period
• Help develop academic plans
• Introduce program faculty members
• Register students for classes
• Support the transition from high school to college
• Tours of campus
• Personality Assessments
• Career Assessments
• Learn how to use your results
• Identify which career pathways are a good fit for you
• Learn how much education will be required for your career choices
• Get information on course requirements for college majors
• Discover and compare career rewards and challenges
• Explore the local job market for job outlooks, salary ranges, and job postings
• Connect students to internal and/or external resources
• Smart Money Management**
**The Advising and Career Center Staff offers monthly drop-in sessions on student financial awareness and debt relief education. The sessions are held on the Main Campus the first Wednesday of every month between 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Sessions at the Graham County Center are available on the first Tuesday of each month between 9:00 – 1:00 p.m.
© Copyright 2022. Tri-County Community College. All Rights Reserved.