McSwain Annex Room 150
Fall 2018 hours are as follows:
- Monday 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Remember you may also ask questions about writing assignments and get feedback on drafts by emailing the Writing Center at email@example.com.
- Assist students with writing assignments, including
- Selecting appropriate sources for research papers
- Documenting sources
- Identifying and correcting major writing errors
- Selecting appropriate organization strategies for writing assignments
- Assist students with general academic concerns, such as study skills and note-taking strategies
What Can I Expect from a Writing Center Session?
- Plan to spend at least 30 minutes with a tutor for most assignments.
- Bring the course assignment, sources, and any drafts you’ve completed.
- Make a list of questions you have.
- Plan to visit the Writing Center early enough that you have plenty of time to revise prior to the assignment deadline.
Also feel free to drop in to the Writing Center if all you have is a quick question—such as how to document a source or how to fix an error that grammar-check has flagged.
Students can ask questions of Writing Center tutors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following in your message:
- The course
- A brief description of the assignment
- Which area of the assignment you’re most concerned about (such as organization, content development, documentation of sources, etc.)
- The deadline for the assignment (we recommend contacting the Writing Center a week prior to the deadline to ensure students have time to revise their drafts)
- A Word-format attachment of your draft (if applicable)
Depending on the volume of students the center is helping, your message should receive a response within 1-2 days.